Adding Video Content
Adding video content to a post or page on your website from YouTube is quick and easy! Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started.
- Open the post or page you want to add the video to in your editor.
- In a separate browser tab, open the YouTube page with the video you want to add.
- Copy the URL from the YouTube page and paste it into the post/page editor where you want the video to be displayed.
- Click publish or update to save. See sample below.
Note that even though the video above is formatted at 16:9, the display window is 4:3 – this seems to be a problem with your site theme, but there is a way to resolve the issue by giving you more control over the embedded video.
To begin, follow steps 1 & 2 in the basic instructions above then:
- On the YouTube page, scroll down below the video and click on the Share button. A new window will appear below the video.
- In the new window, click the Embed link, then click the Show More link to open the window view.
- You have a number of options for video display in the open window view. Select a video size of 640×360 and other options as desired.
- In the same window, copy & paste the “iframe” code above the preview into your page/post editor where you want the video to display.
- Click publish or update to save. See sample below
Try these methods and let me know if you have any questions!