Updated June 2
WE DO NOT REPAIR:
- Multi-track recording decks
- Cassette decks
- Home Theatre stereo equipment
- Reel to Reel machines
- Car stereo equipment
Currently we are approximately 6-7 weeks until we will be able to look at your unit to estimate and then approximately 2-3 weeks to repair after you give us your approval. It also depends on whether parts need to be ordered. Expect longer delays if parts need to be ordered in from the USA. We will keep you posted as these dates change.
We get asked fairly often why the long wait? Well the answer is pretty clear – we have one of the best in-house service companies in Canada. Because of that we have people sending in their treasured pieces from all over North America to be restored, repaired and resurrected from the dead. And the more gear that comes in means the lineup for service gets longer and longer.
The expertise and knowledge required to work on both stereo components and speakers takes a skill set most qualified technicians just don’t have. Some know a little of this and a little of that, but very few can do it all. And that means people send us gear to estimate and repair from all over B.C., Alberta, Washington State and sometimes even from the Yukon and NWT.
Rest assured when your equipment is looked at and repaired by the best then it’s bound to work as it should, requiring far less repeated attempts by “garage” techs to get it right the first time.
Now are we perfect? We like to think so, but we know we’re not – we’re human and do take the extra care and attention to hope that we have handled your repair properly.
Can we predict how long your unit will last after the repair? Nope and we can’t tell you when another repair is required in the future. If we did we’d probably buy a lottery ticket and start on our early retirement!
We have been here for a very long time, doing what we love best and that’s restoring your treasured equipment as fast as we can to ensure reliability and future enjoyment of your gear, but that comes at a cost of taking longer to get back to you. We ask you then, would you rather take your vintage gear to a shop that says we can have it done in a week or one where the reputation is known all over North America and could take up to 2 months but it’s done right. It is a hard decision when your equipment is important to you, but I’d rather go where you can trust it’s done right and have been in business a long time doing only one thing – VINTAGE STEREO EQUIPMENT & SPEAKER REPAIRS!
Our Annual Garage Sale is set for June 11th (Sunday) 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at our store location:
13255 78th Avenue, Surrey
Vendors are welcome to participate in this event at NO CHARGE!
The tradition of hosting the LARGEST VINTAGE AUDIO & RECORD GARAGE SALE in BC continues and attendance should be simply incredible!
FREE TO ATTEND – NO ADMISSION FEES!
Spaces are filling up quickly so if you want to participate ensure you give us a call so you aren’t disappointed. Call 604-594-9575 to confirm yours!
Everything from records and CD’s to cassettes and 8-tracks will be found. So much equipment, parts and various other audio related trinkets will be here! You’re sure to find something to add to your collection.
Be sure to call or come on into the showroom to have a look before IT’S SOLD! First come – first served.
FEATURED ITEM FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 2
Not too many of these speakers are found nowadays so do yourself a favour and come on in and give them a listen before they disappear. We’ve marked them down from $995.00 to $725.00 for this week only!
Here’s some crazy specs on these speakers (click on the link below to find out) and they are still available at $3250 US!!! So I’d say at $725 Canadian they are quite the bargain.
MORE INFO & PICTURES FOUND HERE
Effective September 1, 2022 we will no longer be repairing cassette decks of any kind. Unfortunately there are many unknown factors with repairing cassette decks until they are brought up to a certain stage, such as a new belt kit installed to then find out if the motor turns, recording works, etc.. Also it is increasingly difficult to source parts which haven’t been made in years, i.e. capstan rollers, idler tires, motors, etc.. Many units also have plastic parts which have broken, cracked or become brittle and we can’t replace those.
We will repair the decks we have in our shop and fulfill our commitment to those clients, but will not be taking in any new ones.
We are hoping to find a local company that we can refer you to but at this time we haven’t found one. We will update our website when we do.
We will still be selling cassette decks, but we will pick and choose which ones are viable and worth the investment to do so and have our company warranty on them!
We also have a very large selection of sealed NOS cassette tapes for sale.
UPDATED AUGUST 5, 2022
Effective September 1, 2022 our SHOP RATES, which have remained unchanged since 2020 are increasing. The rate will be $120.00/hr. Estimate deposits will remain unchanged.
Please note that items brought in for estimate prior to September 1st will be charged the old rate. Anything received on September 1st going forward will be charged our new labour rate.
May 3, 2022
With the announcement from the British Columbian government regarding Covid changes and policy updates (continuing on the merry-go-round), we wanted you to know that at this time our business will still be asking customers to wear their masks in our store. Though not mandatory, and we won’t turn you away, we are continuing to do our part until we know just where we end up. Doesn’t hurt anyone and you can continue to curse behind your mask and we won’t know it!
- Just in case you missed it, our NEW store hours are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday to Friday, 10:00 am to 4:00pm on Saturday. We are closed Sunday, Monday, and statutory holidays.
- As always, any item picked up in-store comes with a 30 day (item priced under $500) or 90 day (item priced over $500) warranty. Turntable purchases come with a 6-month warranty for a item priced under $500 and a 1-year warranty for items priced over $500.
- All items are tested and the pictures you see on our website are the actual items we have for sale – no stock photos. We most likely will not know the history or past usage of the unit unless it is disclosed to us by the previous owner.
- We do not sell non-working items. Everything that needs to be repaired will have been done before we put it on the floor for sale. We will disclose any defects, if any, in the item description.
- Consignment items come with a 30-day warranty only, regardless of price.
- All items can be demonstrated in our showroom to ensure it’s exactly what you are looking to purchase. Should the item not fit your system when it goes home, we can offer to EXCHANGE the item within two weeks of purchase. If there isn’t something currently available that fits your needs, we will return your purchase price for Store Credit ONLY. There is no expiry date with store credit. We do not offer refunds unless an item cannot be repaired, or is deemed too expensive to repair. Then (and only then) we will offer you your money back.
- We no longer ship large speakers, but will continue to ship bookshelf speakers.
- NEW!! Consignments are an option for our customers to sell their equipment. We charge a 30% commission which is deducted from the final price. If an item is not in clean, ready for the floor to sale condition, we have the right to deduct a minimum $25.00 cleaning fee and this is deducted from the consignment price once the item sells. This is NOT charged if the items are brought to us in clean condition. ( *hint, hint* Bring in your items super clean!! ) If an item requires repair this fee is not charged, but the repair bill will need to be paid before we put the item up for sale on our sales floor!
Be sure to check out our newest product category. We’re putting some items on sale – once they are gone, they’re gone! Check back regularly for updates.