Updated September 11
Currently we are approximately 4-5 weeks until we will be able to look at your unit to estimate and then approximately 2-3 weeks to repair after you give us your approval. It also depends on whether parts need to be ordered. Expect longer delays if parts are ordered from the USA and if they are in stock. We will keep you posted as these dates change.
Effective September 1, 2020 we will be increasing our shop repair rates to $105.00/hr
Estimate deposits for stereo equipment and speakers is $50.00 per item. Deposits for tape decks remains at $75.00, mixers & tube equipment stays at $100.00.
Shop supplies are being raised to $8.50 due to increased costs associates with cleaners, solder, lubricants, etc that are beyond our control.
Our last service price increase was in 2015. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to being your number one source for all vintage purchases & repairs.
We’re doing something different than some other companies – instead of raising prices to recover our losses over the past few months, we’re going the opposite way and giving all of our customers a break!
1. We are now posting prices that INCLUDE the taxes! That’s right! So whatever province you’re from, we’re covering the taxes. In BC that’s currently 12% so no more trying to figure out the total price – it’s right there on the price tag.
This will include all equipment for sale, but not consignments (items ending in 99¢).
It also does not include repairs or record purchases, posters, record art vinyl, turntable parts & accessories.
2. Just in case you missed it – NEW store hours: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday to Friday, Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00pm. Closed Sunday & Monday and statutory holidays.
3. As always, any item picked up in-store comes with a 30 day (item priced under $500) or 90 day (item priced over $500) warranty. Turntable purchases come with a 6-month warranty for a table priced under $500 and a 1-year warranty for tables priced over $500.
4. All items are tested and the pictures you see on our website is of the actual item we have for sale – no stock photos. We most likely will not know the history or past usage of the unit unless it is disclosed to us by the previous owner. We do not sell “non-working” units. Everything that needs to be repaired will have been done before we put it on the floor for sale. We will disclose any non-working option in the item description. This is very rare to find though.
5. Consignment items ONLY come with a 30-day warranty regardless of price.
6. All items can be demonstrated in our showroom to ensure it’s exactly what you are looking to purchase. Should the item not fit your system when it goes home we offer to exchange the item within 2 weeks of purchase or if there isn’t something currently available we will return your purchase price to Store Credit ONLY. We DO NOT offer refunds unless an item can not be repaired or is deemed too expensive to repair then and ONLY then we will offer you your money back or again offer you a store credit towards another item in the future. There is no expiry date with store credit.
7. We no longer ship large tower speakers, but will continue to ship bookshelf speakers.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Well for some of us it might be, but for others it’s a sign that fall is just around the corner.
We’ll be closed for the Labour Day long weekend from 5:00pm Friday, September 4th through to 10:00am Tuesday, September 8th.
Remember that young ones will be returning to school on Tuesday and for some the excitement makes them forget to watch crossing roads. And parents PLEASE slow down in school zones!
CHECK FOR NEW PRODUCTS ON THE SALES FLOOR THIS WEEK
Lots of new items ready to demo for you. Don’t delay – make your way in soon!
Be sure to signup for our new mailing list here.