It’s so good to see you again, even from 2 meters away. We’re okay with that and hope that you find your experience worth the trip.
OBVIOUSLY some things have changed, so here’s everything you need to know to keep our staff and you, our customer, safe and to help with your shopping experience:
- STORE HOURS: Tuesday to Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Anyone that is sick or exhibits any cold or flu-like symptoms will be asked to stay home or to leave the store – we’re not kidding around with this one!
- All customers that enter the record room or showroom must use our hand sanitizer before proceeding further. No exceptions!
- Wearing of masks is encouraged but not mandatory at this time
- Except in special circumstances, we ask that only one family member be in the store at a time. Please leave your children at home.
- Please remember social distancing and to keep a minimum of 2 meters (6 feet) between yourself and others.
- We will be limiting the number of people in the store; try to respect the time you spend with us so others that are waiting can enter.
- If you would rather not shop in person, we will be doing curbside pickup/drop-offs
- Washrooms are for staff use only. The common bathroom is closed at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience
So let’s breakdown each section of the store so it’s easier to understand how each department is going to be running.
- We are accepting repairs but there is still a backlog and wait times will be 4-5 weeks.
- Only two people can be waiting in the front entrance area to keep a 2-meter distance. If you open the door to find there are already two people inside, you can put your equipment on the bench just inside the door and wait outside for your turn. When one person leaves you can enter. If there is space in the record room or showroom you can wait there. We’ll help you with determining that too, but please respect that we may have to ask you to wait outside.
- Consider phoning us prior to coming in and we can do up the necessary paperwork/payment over the phone and all you have to do is drop off your equipment (or call us from your car and we can come out and pick it up for you), gather your receipt/paperwork and leave immediately.
We have moved the record room just inside the entrance way straight in front of you as you enter the shop.
- We are limiting 4 people in this area and once again please self-distance.
- Please be considerate of others if there is a lineup of people wanting to go into the record room. Make your purchases as quickly as possible and move out so others can shop. We are not going to put a time limit on your stay unless it becomes necessary. Knowing what you want to purchase in advance would be helpful.
We are excited to have a completely updated and expanded showroom – all on one floor now! No longer do you have to go upstairs to see everything.
- WE HAVE A MAXIMUM CAPACITY OF 4 PEOPLE IN THE SHOWROOM at this time. As more staff returns to work, the capacity will increase as well. If it is at capacity, you’ll have to wait outside until a spot is available.
- PLEASE NO TOUCHING OF EQUIPMENT while you browse. Wait for a staff member to assist you.
- Your other option is to make an appointment to be guaranteed a salesperson. We ask you to call ahead to select a time to view products you are interested in buying. As well, please have an idea of what you want to see because others could be waiting for their booked appointment after you.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND that if you show up hoping to be able to come in and wander around by yourself, you could be disappointed if we are at capacity. As some people will be making an appointment and you come in without one, you could be asked to wait for the next available opening slot. Please avoid this by calling ahead to see if there is an opening.
TURNTABLE INSTALLATIONS: belts, cartridges, styluses, etc.
Please call before showing up with your turntable or your cartridge replacement. We will be very busy helping people who had an appointment and walk-ins will be handled as we have the space and time. We don’t want you to be disappointed, so please call ahead to ensure we have the staff to help you. You may have a wait inside (or outside depending on if we are at capacity) and we want to minimize that inconvenience.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call us or email us with the items you are wanting us to consider purchasing. Provide us with make, model and price you’d like to get. We will first let you know if we are interested in buying them and if we are, contacting you to make an appointment for you to bring them in so that we can have the time to test, evaluate and if we need more time, giving you the appropriate paperwork so you can leave and we can contact you to discuss further.
TO FINISH UP, we believe that you will have a similar experience with us as you did before COVID-19, but we also know that we have to work together respectfully and in a comfortable shopping environment. That takes a bit of effort on everyone’s part. We want to be here for the long haul and are glad to get back to business serving our community. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us so that we can help as best as we can.