On Saturday, April 22nd, our shop is on the outside edge of the one of largest parades held outside of India – Vaisakhi Parade! Details about what is Vaiskhi can be found here: https://www.surreyvaisakhiparade.com/what-is-vaisakhi/
As this will impact everyone around the area for parking, roads, traffic, etc. we are advising our customers if they do not need to come into the shop that day, unless early in the morning, based on past years, it will become extremely busy and very frustrating to get to us.
We will be open from 10:00am to 4:00pm that day, but if you need to come in, King George Hwy would probably be your best route to drive to us. 132nd may be blocked in certain areas or re-routed.
We are excited for the community and it’s an exciting cultural event, but on the backside it’s a logistic nightmare! Expected turnout is estimated at around 500,000 people descending into the area.
If you have any questions, or concerns, please refer to this website for the map of the event and roadways affected – we are located close to the ICBC Drivers License Center on 78th Avenue, which you can see on this map. On the outside of the yellowed area.
Easter Long WEEKEND
We’ll be closed for the Easter long weekend from 5:00pm Thursday, April 6th, and reopen at 10:00am Tuesday, April 11th.
Hopefully the weather is good and that you get outside to enjoy the cherry & plum blossoms, the daffodils and maybe, fingers-crossed, some tulips, as they come into bloom. Maybe even go on an easter-egg hunt!
We’ve been so busy there’s no time to take a day off…. except on Monday of course, so come on in during regular business hours this Saturday, February 18th from 10-4pm. We’ve had all kinds of new items hit the floor and we’re excited to show them off to you!
KLIPSCH HERESY SERIES IV SPEAKERS
THESE SPEAKERS HAVE NOT BEEN PRICED FOR THE SALES FLOOR YET, SERIOUS OFFERS WILL BE ENTERTAINED! (and by SERIOUS OFFERS we mean REASONABLE).
Definitely worth a listen and since we only have one pair be sure to come in on Saturday, February 18th – we’ll make them available for you to hear.
Last week we announced a big reveal happening so we are upping the ante to make it that much BIGGER!
We are having a listening party – to audition a set of speakers we are selling. These just might be the biggest speakers we’ve ever had in the store.
As well we are having specials on Tower Speakers, Center Channels and others too. Make an offer and see if it’s accepted! Can’t hurt
DEMO IS ONE DAY ONLY! Saturday, February 11th from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. No other time on Saturday
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW more you’ll just have to show up with your ears. We won’t give away the surprise until then! Besides, we have to rearrange the store in order to get them setup! They are that humongous!
As previously posted on our Facebook page, we had some McIntosh equipment arrive and they are now available for sale. Be sure to claim one or all of them, sooner than later because once they’re gone, they’re gone!
All tested, all come with a 90-day warranty. All of them can be demo’d.
All of them can be shipped. Be sure to check out our FAQ about our warranty if items are shipped. http://www.iavscanada.com/faq
WE ARE CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS FROM SATURDAY DEC 24th and reopen on TUES, JAN 3rd
Saturday, December 24 through until reopening day Tuesday, January 3rd. We will not be returning phone calls or emails during this time.
It’s become an annual tradition for us to reflect back on the year and then write a bit about it.
The team here is enjoying their new responsibilities and we have added some new things to our store but at the core of this, is our customers. We are still amazed at how you have embraced us since our humble beginnings and watched us grow and change and weather anything that has been thrown at us. Without you, we would have no reason to get up in the morning, come to work, teach and explain in detail all that you have wanted to learn about analogue vintage stereo equipment. I know we are all still discovering all kinds of ways to bring old equipment to life again and then make it last for many more years! We always hear customers saying they are grateful for what we do to keep as much of this old equipment out of the landfill – we couldn’t agree with you more! We hope to continue this in 2023 and that you will be right there with us, along for the ride.
From all of us at Innovative Audio, we want to take a moment to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
We’ll be open for Remembrance Day, Friday – November 11th. We will observe a moment of silence at 11:00am PST
LEST WE FORGET
As some may know, we had our Annual Garage Sale in June and it was so great to see everyone again. So why not do it all over inside!
With that, we are pleased to announce that on Saturday, October 29th (Saturday) we will open our big bay door (access is from the back parking lot) to the public at 10am SHARP and run all day until 4pm. ‘TEE SALE – TURNTABLE, TAPE DECK & TUNER – TAKE IT & GO WAREHOUSE SALE’ just for you – our awesome customers.
There will be deals aplenty on turntable, tape decks, tuners as well as amplifiers, speakers, receivers, audio stands, and so much more. Everything in the warehouse is as is, where is, some working, some need a little ‘Halloween’ love
To be fair, NO ONE will be allowed in the warehouse until doors open at 10am Saturday morning.
HOPE to see lots of ghosts, goblins and ghouls here!
Effective September 1, 2022 we will no longer be repairing cassette decks of any kind. Unfortunately there are many unknown factors with repairing cassette decks until they are brought up to a certain stage, such as a new belt kit installed to then find out if the motor turns, recording works, etc.. Also it is increasingly difficult to source parts which haven’t been made in years, i.e. capstan rollers, idler tires, motors, etc.. Many units also have plastic parts which have broken, cracked or become brittle and we can’t replace those.
We will repair the decks we have in our shop and fulfill our commitment to those clients, but will not be taking in any new ones.
We are hoping to find a local company that we can refer you to but at this time we haven’t found one. We will update our website when we do.
We will still be selling cassette decks, but we will pick and choose which ones are viable and worth the investment to do so and have our company warranty on them!
We also have a very large selection of sealed NOS cassette tapes for sale.
UPDATED AUGUST 5, 2022
Effective September 1, 2022 our SHOP RATES, which have remained unchanged since 2020 are increasing. The rate will be $120.00/hr. Estimate deposits will remain unchanged.
Please note that items brought in for estimate prior to September 1st will be charged the old rate. Anything received on September 1st going forward will be charged our new labour rate.
May 3, 2022
With the announcement from the British Columbian government regarding Covid changes and policy updates (continuing on the merry-go-round), we wanted you to know that at this time our business will still be asking customers to wear their masks in our store. Though not mandatory, and we won’t turn you away, we are continuing to do our part until we know just where we end up. Doesn’t hurt anyone and you can continue to curse behind your mask and we won’t know it!
- Just in case you missed it, our NEW store hours are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Tuesday to Friday, 10:00 am to 4:00pm on Saturday. We are closed Sunday, Monday, and statutory holidays.
- As always, any item picked up in-store comes with a 30 day (item priced under $500) or 90 day (item priced over $500) warranty. Turntable purchases come with a 6-month warranty for a item priced under $500 and a 1-year warranty for items priced over $500.
- All items are tested and the pictures you see on our website are the actual items we have for sale – no stock photos. We most likely will not know the history or past usage of the unit unless it is disclosed to us by the previous owner.
- We do not sell non-working items. Everything that needs to be repaired will have been done before we put it on the floor for sale. We will disclose any defects, if any, in the item description.
- Consignment items come with a 30-day warranty only, regardless of price.
- All items can be demonstrated in our showroom to ensure it’s exactly what you are looking to purchase. Should the item not fit your system when it goes home, we can offer to EXCHANGE the item within two weeks of purchase. If there isn’t something currently available that fits your needs, we will return your purchase price for Store Credit ONLY. There is no expiry date with store credit. We do not offer refunds unless an item cannot be repaired, or is deemed too expensive to repair. Then (and only then) we will offer you your money back.
- We no longer ship large speakers, but will continue to ship bookshelf speakers.
- NEW!! Consignments are an option for our customers to sell their equipment. We charge a 30% commission which is deducted from the final price. If an item is not in clean, ready for the floor to sale condition, we have the right to deduct a minimum $25.00 cleaning fee and this is deducted from the consignment price once the item sells. This is NOT charged if the items are brought to us in clean condition. ( *hint, hint* Bring in your items super clean!! ) If an item requires repair this fee is not charged, but the repair bill will need to be paid before we put the item up for sale on our sales floor!